Sunday, January 25, 2009

The PLC expands to monitor and control fermentation


I started wiring the solid state relays to be able to control both a heat and cool cycle in my fermenting fridge.

Deciding and buying a cheap case has been a bigger issue than the wiring, the local box stores only have a few choices and want too much money, and my budget is blown , so I stuck with an outlet box instead and used an extension topper box to make it deeper.





Still busy with the wiring, but the plan is to have two outlets that are independently controlled by the BCS, that way I can control both heat and cold on the same system for Winter or later in the season can control two separate cooling fermentation systems




Each outlet will also have an OFF switch as well as a signal neon light so that I will know when it is triggered.

No comments: